Test Day Tips
1. ACT: answer all questions; wrong answers don’t count against you (They do on SAT)
2. Get plenty of sleep the few nights before the test
3. If you get nervous or confused, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths to re-focus
4. Maintain confidence in your abilities, “I know this stuff.”
5. Read & listen carefully to all instructions; ask questions of you don’t understand
6. Focus entirely on your own work
7. Position your answer sheet next to your test booklet so that you can mark your answer quickly & accurately
8. Before answering each question, read the question & all possible responses completely. Mark out ones you know are not right to narrow your choices
9. Pace yourself and be aware of how much time is left in each session
ACT - $46.00
ACT with writing - $62.50
* If you cannot afford the test fee, ask your counselor about requesting a fee waiver. *
PSAT/NMSQT: College-bound juniors should take this test. It is the Pre-SAT and the qualifying test of the National Merit Scholarship Program. The test will be given on Nov. 2, 2016. Register in the Guidance Office the week prior to the test. The test costs $15. We have limited tests available, so students will be registered on a first-come-first-served basis.
ACT: Juniors are encouraged to take the ACT at least once, usually twice during the junior year beginning in the spring. Register on-line at http://www.actstudent.org/
Galion is a test site for the December and June tests (site # 195810).
Colonel Crawford is a test site for the October and April tests (site # 232160).
Galion’s CEEB/ACT code: 362-240
Click the link below to view testing dates and test information or go to the ACT website: